Cullingtree Meadows Belfast
Project Start date: 2018
Project Completion date: 2019RESIDENTS AT CULLINGTREE MEADOWS IN BELFAST ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF A SAFE AND SECURE ENVIRONMENT THANKS TO THE SPECIALIST APPROACH BY THE FIRE AND SECURITY SPECIALISTS…
Dementia friendly installation by Atlas World
“A unique set of client requirements integrating multiple systems, meant selecting the right specialist partner was crucial to getting this project right. With Atlas World on board we got the specialist knowledge and professional skills to deliver a quality installation for our client.”
Ciaran McQuaid, Director Braham ElectricalThe specialist focus provided by Atlas World has again been demonstrated at the Cullingtree Meadows project in Belfast. The new supported housing development, by Belfast Trust and Clanmil Housing, is for older people living with dementia and, as such, required a tailored solution by Atlas World for the warden call and assisted technology. Atlas World also designed and installed the fire alarm system. Located at Cullingtree Road, just off the Grosvenor Road, the project provides 30 contemporary, high quality, self-contained apartments for older people living with dementia in a supported living environment. The supported living element offers the residents a higher level of independence, with the innovative approach by Atlas World helping to create this environment without compromising on safety. The close relationship with electrical contractor, Braham Electrical, and electrical consultant, ISD, was a key feature behind the success of the project, as was the partnership approach developed with the client. The fire alarm system consists of an addressable control panel at the entrance door, with detection throughout the landlord’s areas, voids and in the roof spaces. The warden call / assisted technology system is more complex and consists of the following features –
- A centrally monitored warden call system, capable of receiving audible calls from the speech units in each apartment. Calls are initiated by the operation of a ceiling pull cord.
- Any call generated on the system can be answered via the DECT telephone system. This allows calls to be answered anywhere in the building.
- Movement detectors, bed sensors, chair sensors and apartment door monitoring have also been installed, to allow lifestyle activities to be monitored.
- Residents have been provided with personal pendant transmitters, fall detectors and flood detectors for their safety.
- Assisted technology allows control of the lighting in the bedrooms and bathrooms of each apartment. In addition, there is timed control of the electrical sockets in the kitchen.
- The assisted technology system is controlled via a PC, from the manager’s office.