Suggested website entry.
Fire extinguisher best practice:
- Recharge after every use- the maintenance of fire extinguishers includes recharging the fire extinguisher every time it is used or discarding it if it is a disposable.
- Fire extinguishers come with an expiry date- it is crucial to monitor the expiry date on extinguishers and replace as a matter of urgency. Rechargeable fire extinguishers need recharged every 6 years whereas disposable extinguishers typically need replaced every 12 years.
- Different types of extinguishers use different extinguishing agents-there are five types: water, foam spray, CO2, ABC powder and wet chemical. It is essential that the correct type of extinguisher is used, depending on the source of fire in its location.
- Maintenance – regular inspection of fire extinguishers must be undertaken. Ensure the extinguisher is:
- Correctly located and specific to the most likely type of fire for the location
- Fully charged with pin and seal intact
- Undamaged and untampered with
Follow our Atlas World LinkedIn page to stay up-to-date on the latest industry news >> Click here to follow page